How to create a business in the USA ?
You want to create your company in the USA? Are you looking for information on setting up a company in the United States? Excellent, you have arrived! In this article we will explain you quickly how you can do it, the steps, the advantages etc.
Why create a company in the United States?
Creating a company in the United States has several advantages. The first one is that it is often easier to create a company there than elsewhere, you have access to different services and can also benefit from tax incentives that will help your project to develop quickly! This difference makes many foreigners choose the American market for their projects, even if they don’t live there.
The advantages of having your own business in America
One of the main advantages of starting a company in America is that you have access to several services. You can benefit from legal advice from lawyers or accountants for example, who can help you with your project and ensure its success. Also note that most service providers are located there, which means that not all of them speak English (and even some of them know very little English), which can lead to difficulties during negotiations!
The steps to create a company in the USA
Just like in other countries like France, there are certain steps to follow in order to create a company. Concerning the United States, here is the process in a few lines:
- Choose an address: You must start by choosing the location of your future establishment because local legislation may vary depending on the place you choose. In addition, some locations are more popular with businesses (more businesses in the area) and it may be more difficult to find an office or store.
- Choose the name of your business: once you know where you want to set up, choose the name of your business, this is essential for legal reasons (for example if two people create a business with the same name)
- Create your bank account: To do this, keep in mind that some banks require certain documents such as an ID card and proof of address; you can also create several accounts in different banks.
- Registering in the company registry databases: After creating your bank account, make sure to register in the relevant registries such as “REGISTERED COMPANY DATABASE” and “PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANIES DATABASE”, which are free online services managed by the companies on your behalf, so you need to check that the information is correct
- Social security subscription: For your company’s employees, it will be necessary to subscribe to a social protection (health insurance and pension plan), which may depend on several factors such as their status or nationality. This may also require prior approval from the Social Security Administration in the United States, depending on whether or not they work full-time.
Afterwards, create a partnership agreement with all partners when launching its activities!
What you need to know before moving to the United States!
With these steps, you are ready to go! However, before leaving for the United States, keep in mind that there may be additional requirements depending on your status. Indeed, if you plan to stay in this country permanently (for example, by obtaining a green card), it will be necessary to register your business with a qualified accountant or lawyer. To help you, feel free to visit this website for more information.
Also remember that before opening a business account, it will be essential to choose your service providers carefully as many of them do not speak English well enough which can lead to difficulties in negotiations at some point! If possible, find someone who is fluent in both languages.